ELT are proud to present the Dragon Slayer 2019 on Sunday June 30th. This year we are returning to Redbridge Cycle Centre (Hog Hill) Forest Road, Hainault, Ilford, IG6 3HP
The road circuit which has been designed and built specifically for bike racing, offers a superb close track traffic free 2 km course including infamous Hogenburg hill. The purpose-built mountain bike track will be used for the run section providing a challenging run along its 3km route.
The event format of run-bike-run bring back the original distances which made the dragon slayer one of the most challenging duathlons of its time. Starting with a 3-mile run then a 20-mile bike section before finishing with a 5-mile final run.
The purpose build cycle venue provides ample parking with changing and showering facilities as well as an onsite café providing light refreshments and food.
The DS2019 edition will have the following age categories; 16-19 years, 20-39 years, 40-49 years and 50+ years age bands with prizes for the winners of each category and an overall winners’ trophies male and female. Every competitor will receive a good bag.
- Registration starts from 9.00
- Adult race starting 10.30
- Presentation 14.00
- All timings will be confirmed in race packs.
- Redbridge Cycling Centre Forest Road, Hainault, Ilford, IG6 3HP
ENTRY – Click HERE for link to enter race
- Adults: £27.00
- None BT members: add £5 for a BT day membership
- All Competitors receive a race T-Shirt and goody bag.
- Category winners receive prizes with overall winners trophies.
- Free Parking.
- Entries close 9th June 2019.
- The race has a maximum of 150 entries.
- Eligibility is determined by age as on 31/12/2019
- Run 3 miles
- Bike 20 miles
- Run 5 miles
- Run splits, Bike splits, (incl T1 & T2), finish times and positions will be available.
- The Dragon Slayer Duathlon is part of London League